WE'RE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD PEOPLE
Tube Art Group has been a leader in innovative sign solutions for more than 65 years. We are a fast growing full service sign company looking for exceptional professional to join our outstanding team as the Production Manager at our Yakima WA manufacturing facility.
Production Manager (Yakima).
This position manages the employees and the daily operations of the production department to achieve productivity, quality and safety goals. The ideal candidate is someone who understands the production process and can effectively motivate a large team to achieve success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the supervision of a skilled and semiskilled labor force to meet daily rates of production output in the manufacturing environment, spanning two shifts.
- Manage daily schedules, priorities, quality and efficiency of manufacturing.
- Lead daily manufacturing team meetings to insure a successful transition between shifts.
- Plan, prepare for and present manufacturing updates for departmental and plant wide meetings. Ensure these meetings exist, occur, and have the right content to keep the plant on track with improvements and initiatives.
- Conceptualize and create implementation plans for process improvement efforts that ultimately influence the goals of manufacturing.
- Participate in required tasks to successfully integrate new products into manufacturing.
- Partner with maintenance to develop preventative maintenance schedule to insure optimum machine performance.
- Participate in budgeting process, capital planning, cost take out, staffing, and other elements to ensure financial and operational objectives are met.
- Identify opportunities and problem areas for targeted improvement by creating, reviewing and monitoring data or reports that show performance to KPI's. (specifically productivity, waste, quality and safety).
Required Qualifications and Work Experience:
- 3-5 years of middle management of an hourly work force - preferably in the manufacturing of Architectural/Electrical/Environmental Signage or similar industry
- Must have a high level of communication skills - both written and verbal – and the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
- Must have a strong ability to coach and lead teams in a high volume, high quality, fast-paced environment
- Must possess considerable supervisory, administrative, analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills